The Association of Natural Rubber Producing Countries (ANRPC) is an inter-governmental organisation established in 1970.
The membership is open to the governments of countries producing natural rubber. As to-date, the ANRPC has 12 Members; governments of Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam. These 12 countries accounted for about 90 per cent of the global production of natural rubber during 2017.
An economically viable, socially and ecologically sustainable natural rubber industry.
To continuously improve productivity of rubber holdings, reduce cost, increase value addition in downstream rubber sector, explore sources of ancillary income, capitalize on eco-friendly credentials of natural rubber and thereby improve the well-being of rubber farmers.
ANRPC is an authentic source of statistics and other information on natural rubber industry in Member countries. It also serves as an international forum for analyzing and formulating policies on matters concerning interests of natural rubber producers in Member countries. Its specific functions are:
- Serving as an authentic and up-to-date information resource centre of natural rubber industry;
- Promoting activities conducive to sustainable growth in production, processing, marketing and consumption of natural rubber;
- Promoting natural rubber as an environment-friendly industrial raw material by projecting its green credentials and socio-ecological contributions;
- Identifying short, medium and long-term challenges and opportunities by undertaking suitable studies on rubber industry;
- Establishing linkages with relevant institutions including international rubber organisations for information sharing and technical cooperation;
- Making policy recommendations to Member Governments whenever necessary.
The supreme body of the Association is the Assembly which comprises all Member Governments. The Assembly holds its sessions normally once a year.
The Executive Committee exercises the functions of the Association between sessions of the Assembly. It consists of all Member governments and is empowered to determine procedural matters, frame rules and set up committees as may be necessary from time to time. As to-date, the following two committees function under the Executive Committee for providing technical inputs and making recommendations on various aspects of rubber industry:
- Information and Statistics Committee.
- Industry Matters Committee.
The Association also has the following two Working Groups for providing inputs on two specific areas:
- Working Group of Experts for Demand-Supply Analysis .
- Expert Group on Project on Promotion of Natural Rubber as an Environment-friendly Raw Material and Renewable Resource.
Headquarter and the Secretariat
The headquarter of the ANRPC is located in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia). The Government of Malaysia hosts the Secretariat which functions at the 7th Floor of the Malaysian Rubber Board’s building, just opposite to the Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur. The working time of the Secretariat is from 8.00 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. from Monday to Friday.
The official language of the Association is English.